Re: 7.3.4 patch for libpq SSL_read() problems? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.3.4 patch for libpq SSL_read() problems?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Brian Lindauer <jbl-psql-bugs@sysd.com> writes:
> In 7.3.4, calls to PQconsumeInput() hang when connecting over SSL, but
> this appears to be fixed at the head of the cvs tree.  Is there a patch,
> or set of patches, I can apply to 7.3.4 to fix just the SSL problems?  I
> tried applying the patch to fe-misc.c and fe-secure.c that Tom Lane
> posted on August 4, 2003, but I still get the hang.  Here's code to
> reproduce the bug (though I'm pretty sure this is a known problem).

It was a known problem, but you are the first to provide an easy way to
reproduce it.  Thanks!

Having reproduced it, I realized that I'm an idiot :-( ... an
SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ return from SSL_read() shouldn't be treated as
an error at all, it just means "no data available yet".  The fix
is in 7.3 CVS tip.

            regards, tom lane