7.3.4 patch for libpq SSL_read() problems? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Brian Lindauer
Subject 7.3.4 patch for libpq SSL_read() problems?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
In 7.3.4, calls to PQconsumeInput() hang when connecting over SSL, but
this appears to be fixed at the head of the cvs tree.  Is there a patch,
or set of patches, I can apply to 7.3.4 to fix just the SSL problems?  I
tried applying the patch to fe-misc.c and fe-secure.c that Tom Lane
posted on August 4, 2003, but I still get the hang.  Here's code to
reproduce the bug (though I'm pretty sure this is a known problem).

Thanks,
Brian

#include "libpq-fe.h"

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  PGconn *conn = NULL;

  if (!(conn = PQconnectdb("hostaddr=1.2.3.4 dbname=mydbname
user=myuser")))
  {
    fprintf(stderr, "Connect failed.\n");
    goto error;
  }

  fprintf(stderr, "Will hang here if broken.\n");
  PQconsumeInput(conn);
  fprintf(stderr, "Not broken.\n");

  PQfinish(conn);
  conn = NULL;