Re: Parallel CREATE INDEX for GIN indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: Parallel CREATE INDEX for GIN indexes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Here's a cleaned up patch series, merging the fixup patches into 0001.

I've also removed the memset() from ginInsertBAEntry(). This was meant
to fix valgrind reports, but I believe this was just a symptom of
incorrect handling of byref data types, which was fixed in 2024/05/02
patch version.

The other thing I did is cleanup of FIXME and XXX comments. There were a
couple stale/obsolete comments, discussing issues that have been already
fixed (like the scan wrapping around).

A couple things to fix remain, but all of them are minor. And there's
also a couple XXX comments, often describing thing that is then done in
one of the following patches.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra