Re: pg 10.1 missing libpq in postgresql-devel - Mailing list pgsql-general

From support-tiger
Subject Re: pg 10.1 missing libpq in postgresql-devel
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/27/2018 06:43 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> On 01/27/2018 04:34 PM, support-tiger wrote:
>> sorry for delay but ran some tests on older version pg gem - still fails
>
> With what error message?
>
> What Ruby gem?
>

>> it fails on building the config file with simply missing libpq-fe.h,
>> cannot find libpq-fe.h
>
> Well it is there:
>
> rpm -qlp postgresql10-devel-10.1-1PGDG.f27.x86_64.rpm | grep libpq-fe.h
> warning: postgresql10-devel-10.1-1PGDG.f27.x86_64.rpm: Header V4
> DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 442df0f8: NOKEY
> /usr/pgsql-10/include/libpq-fe.h
>

>> I suspect it is a problem with using the pgdg repository and that
>> postgresql get "10" added to them ie postgresql10-devel and maybe the
>> gem code does not recognize that.   Since vers 10 is not breaking it
>> does not make sense (i guess fedora)  to rename vers 10 with the "10"
>> - maybe they just love the python 2 / 3 fiasco and want to extend it
>> to postgresql.
>
> Previous versions used version numbering also:
>
> https://yum.postgresql.org/9.6/fedora/fedora-26-x86_64/
>
> postgresql96-devel-9.6.6-1PGDG.f26.x86_64.rpm
>
> My guess it that the config script for the gem is not taking into
> account that Postgres changed from a three part versioning system
> X.Y.z to a two part system X.y(where lower case is minor version) from
> 9.6.0 to 10.1.

could be, cannot find the config file in the repository - specifies to
use a pg-config file to build the gem but no trace of such a config file

thks anyway for your help.  had emailed the pg gem leads but no response
and github issues are blocked (duh)  - can't depend on this -will just
make a faster transition to Crystal - the pg shard in Crystal loaded
okay on Fedora with the 10.1

--
Support Dept
Tiger Nassau, Inc.