Re: [HACKERS] Re: [BUGS] [Keystone Slip # 14] Building pristine source on RedHat Alpha6.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [BUGS] [Keystone Slip # 14] Building pristine source on RedHat Alpha6.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Yikes.  Is this the expected behavour?  Does anyone else see this?

>> checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O -mieee  # optimization -O2
>> removed because of egcs problem ) works... no
>> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
>> cannot create executables.

Yup, I see exactly the same thing when I add a # comment to CFLAGS in
my template file.  I think it is only safe to put # comments on their
own lines in template files.  A quick grep shows that linux_alpha is
the only template that violates that rule.

gmake might, but autoconf is a different story...