Re: predefined role(s) for VACUUM and ANALYZE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: predefined role(s) for VACUUM and ANALYZE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> writes:
> The main one I see is AclItem, which increases from 12 bytes to 16 bytes.

... and now requires double alignment ... did you fix its typalign?

We could conceivably dodge the alignment increase by splitting the 64-bit
field into two 32-bit fields, one for base privileges and one for grant
options.  That'd be rather invasive, so unless it leads to pleasant
improvements in readability (which it might, perhaps) I wouldn't advocate
for it.