Re: Partitioned checkpointing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Takashi Horikawa
Subject Re: Partitioned checkpointing
Date
Re: Partitioned checkpointing  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Fabien,

I wrote:
> A guc parameter named 'checkpoint_partitions' is added.
> This can be set to 1, 2, 4, 8, or 16.
> Default is 16. (It is trivial at this present, I think.)
I've noticed that the behavior in 'checkpoint_partitions = 1' is not the
same as that of original 9.5alpha2.
Attached 'partitioned-checkpointing-v3.patch' fixed the bug, thus please use
it.
I'm sorry for that.

PS. The result graphs I sent was obtained using original 9.5alpha2, and thus
that results is unrelated to this bug.
    As to 'partitioned checkpointing' case, the results shown in that graph
is probably worth than bug-fix version.

Best regards.
--
Takashi Horikawa