Re: pgsql: Parameter toast_tuple_target controls TOAST for new rows - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Parameter toast_tuple_target controls TOAST for new rows
Date
Re: pgsql: Parameter toast_tuple_target controls TOAST for new rows  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-committers
> On 2017-11-19 19:08:48 -0500, Simon Riggs wrote:
>> Am investigating the few buildfarm failures

> The tests look very sensitive to differences in tuple size due to
> different alignment requirements. Dependant on what MAXALIGN (and some
> others) is the number of tuples fitting on a page will differ.

"Few" buildfarm failures?  It's probably going to fail on every 32-bit host.

TBH, I would just remove those test cases.  Even if they were stable
across platforms, they don't directly prove anything at all about
whether the feature does what it's supposed to.

(Also, scaling the results to blocksize seems unlikely to help in
passing on different BLCKSZ configurations...)
        regards, tom lane