Re: Manipulating complex types as non-contiguous structures in-memory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Manipulating complex types as non-contiguous structures in-memory
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> writes:
>>> The words that sprung to mind for me were: packed/unpacked.

>> Trouble is that we're already using "packed" with a specific connotation
>> in that same area of the code, namely for short-header varlena values.
>> (See pg_detoast_datum_packed() etc.)  So I don't think this will work.
>> But maybe a different adjective?

> expanded?

That seems to work from the standpoint of not conflicting with other
nearby usages in our code, and it's got the right semantics I think.

Any other suggestions out there?  Otherwise I'll probably go with this.