Re: killing process question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johnson, Shaunn
Subject Re: killing process question
Date
List pgsql-general

--howdy:

--not that the process is doing a lot or taking up
--a lot of resources, it's just something
--that i allow the users to kill and then
--it get's passed to me for correction if the
--simple 'kill <pid>' thing doesn't work.

--what i'm trying to understand is if there
--is a way to do this without having to restart
--the database (remember, it's still production)
--everytime there is a runaway process AND not
--kill -9 <pid>.

--how can i do this?

-X