Re: Maintaining the list of release changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Maintaining the list of release changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> I think I prefer the file-of-notes idea, but this is a possibility worth
>> suggesting.

> We can do whatever people want.  I was just afraid it would be too much
> work for people, and I am willing to continue doing it. Actually, if
> people want to help, looking over the final is 10x more valuable than
> having a separate file, at least for me.

Even if people do review the notes, who's to say they'll remember a
change they made months ago?  I think it's important for developers to
prepare at least a rough-draft entry for the release notes at the time
the change is made.  We can debate different ways to keep that info
available until the docs are prepared, but the real problem here is to
not rely on memory.