RE: EXTERNAL: Re: Lock Postgres account after X number of failedlogins? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wolff, Ken L
Subject RE: EXTERNAL: Re: Lock Postgres account after X number of failedlogins?
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks again, everyone, for all the responses and ideas.  I'm still getting caught up on the various responses but with
respectto LDAP/AD, I truly wish it were an option.  I agree with the various sentiments that AD authentication is more
manageable,scalable, secure, etc.  However, if there were one set of environs where you'd think we could rely
exclusivelyon AD authentication, it would be SQL Server, which by default, relies on Windows & AD for its
authentication. However, for our company, even in our SQL Server environments, we almost always have to resort to
internal(SQL-authenticated) accounts at times for various reasons:  usually because vendor software doesn't support AD
authentication,but I've even heard some people mention docker containers can't use it, either.  Full disclosure - I
haven'trun that last one down yet, have only heard it in passing so don't know the details.

Christian's idea of fail2ban looks interesting, so I'm going to be investigating that.

Thanks again, all of you.  Really appreciate the feedback and ideas!

Ken