Re: Hot standby, dropping a tablespace - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Grzegorz Jaskiewicz
Subject Re: Hot standby, dropping a tablespace
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2009-01-25, at 09:04, Simon Riggs wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-01-24 at 21:58 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> When replaying a DROP TABLE SPACE, you first try to remove the
>> directory, and if that fails, you assume that it's because it's in
>> use
>> as a temp tablespace in a read-only transaction.
>
> That sounds like you think there another conclusion?

What if subdirectory of that directory is owned by root ?
Say I create /home/gj/tablespace1 . Surely emptying it is possible,
but should it remove the dir altogether ?
It is possible to create tablespace in that directory, even so
postgres user doesn't own /home/gj/ directory. So why shouldn't it be
possible to drop it ?