$libdir - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Harding
Subject $libdir
Date
List pgsql-general
I know this is a question that gets asked a zillion times and is
almost always pilot error.

I installed PostgreSQL 8.2.x and the Tsearch2 package on NetBSD which
went fine, but I can't get the tsearch2.sql file to run.

The usual error about "file does not exist" relative to
$libdir/tsearch2 gets generated.

The docs say $libdir gets expanded to the result of

pg_config --pkglibdir

which in my case returns /usr/pkg/lib/postgresql.

In that directory are the libtsearch2.so... files along with lots of
others, with 755 permissions, owned by root.

Those permissions and ownership look OK to me, read and execute by the
whole world.

What else could be wrong?

- Ian