Re: multimaster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: multimaster
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 07:47:04PM +0200, Alexander Staubo wrote:

> For example, part of the point of having validations declared on the
> model is so that you can raise user-friendly errors (and pipe them
> through gettext for localization) such as "Your password must be at
> least 4 characters long and contain only letters and digits".

If anyone is interested, we have sort of re-implemented gettext in SQL:

    http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/gnumed/gnumed/server/sql/?root=gnumed

(see the gmI18n-*.sql stuff)

In essence it enables you to write queries like so

    select pk, name, _(name) as l10n_name from states

which will give you a localized name for states.name in l10n_name.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346