Re: pg_dump fails - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lorenzo Thurman
Subject Re: pg_dump fails
Date
List pgsql-general
What I was trying to do was export the database on one computer and
import it onto another. I gave up trying to fix the export problem
since I had an old backup of the database. It was old enough that it
was short three tables, but I have the raw tab delimited data so I
just reconstructed the database on this new machine. I've been running
Gentoo for about a year and a half now, and in the early days, I did
not fully understand all of the possible USE settings, but I've gotten
more comfortable with it over time. As you probably know, once you've
settled on what your USE settings should be, you can rebuild your
system to reflect those new settings. I did that, and since everything
appeared to be working OK, I assumed everything was OK, but obviously
the damage to PostgreSQL was already done. Anyway, I think my settings
now are pretty conservative and I know ot to play around with the
Postgres USE flags. One of the reasons I'm migrating is to do a
complete rebuild and apply what I've learned about Gentoo from scratch
on a new computer. Here are my settings, as you asked. I don't think
they're too out of line, but...