Re: Add pg_file_sync() to adminpack - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Arthur Zakirov
Subject Re: Add pg_file_sync() to adminpack
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2020/01/17 16:05, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On 2020/01/17 13:36, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Yeah, that should be either ERROR and return a void result, or issue a
>> WARNING/ERROR (depending on the code path, maybe PANIC?) with a
>> boolean status returned if there is a WARNING.  Mixing both concepts
>> with an ERROR all the time and always a true status is just weird,
>> because you know that if no errors are raised then the status will be
>> always true.  So there is no point to have a boolean status to begin
>> with.
>
> OK, so our consensus is to return void on success and throw an error
> otherwise. Attached is the updated version of the patch.
Thank you for the new version!

It is compiled and passes the tests. There is the documentation and it
is built too without an error.

It seems that consensus about the returned type was reached and I marked
the patch as "Ready for Commiter".

--
Arthur