Re: [HACKERS] bytea_output vs make installcheck - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] bytea_output vs make installcheck
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/14/17 16:50, Jeff Janes wrote:
> make installcheck currently fails against a server running
> with bytea_output = escape.
>
> Making it succeed is fairly easy, and I think it is worth doing.
>
> Attached are two options for doing that.  One overrides bytea_output
> locally where-ever needed, and the other overrides it for the entire
> 'regression' database.

I would use option 2 here (ALTER DATABASE) and be done with it.  Some
people didn't like using ALTER DATABASE, but it's consistent with
existing use.  If someone wants to change that, that can be independent
of this issue.