Re: [HACKERS] Other formats in pset like markdown, rst, mediawiki - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Other formats in pset like markdown, rst, mediawiki
Date
List pgsql-hackers
This is looking pretty neat.  I played around with it a bit.  There are
a couple of edge cases that you need to address, I think.

- Does not support \x

- When \pset format is rst, then \pset linestyle also shows up as "rst".  That is wrong.  Same for markdown.

- Broken output in tuples_only (\t) mode. (rst and markdown)

- rst: Do something about \pset title; the way it currently shows up appears to be invalid; could use ".. table::
title"directive

- markdown: Extra blank line between table and footer.

- markdown: We should document or comment somewhere exactly which of the various markdown table formats this is
supposedto produce.  (Pandoc pipe_tables?)

- markdown: Table title needs to be after the table, like
   Table: title

- markdown: Needs to escape | characters in cell contents.  (Not needed for rst.)  More escaping might be needed.