Re: How do I drop something that might not exist? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David Saracini
Subject Re: How do I drop something that might not exist?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hello,

Some drop stmts will allow you to include an IF EXISTS in them.

For example:

    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS <name> CASCADE;
    DROP SEQUENCE IF EXISTS <name>;
    DROP VIEW IF EXISTS <name> CASCADE;
    DROP INDEX IF EXISTS <name> CASCADE;

however, others (such as dropping a column) do not support such checking (at least that I have been able to find).

I hope this helps (or sorta answers your question).

David