Re: Service start up error "The service name is invalid net helpmsg 2185" - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David Saracini
Subject Re: Service start up error "The service name is invalid net helpmsg 2185"
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hello Ed,

While I've not installed this specific version of Postgres on this specific version of WinSvr, I have installed it on
othersand never really had a problem.  For whatever, reason, it seems like the install failed and that the service was
notregistered with the SCM.  If there is an uninstall listed in Add/Remove programs, I would run it and try again.

I know this is probably not much help for you...  but, hey!  At least someone replied (finally)!  :)