Re: [pgsql-patches] [HACKERS] less privileged pl install - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [pgsql-patches] [HACKERS] less privileged pl install
Date
List pgsql-patches
Jeremy Drake <pgsql@jdrake.com> writes:
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Applied with minor revisions --- in particular, I thought the initial
>> owner of a language should be its creator, full stop, rather than the
>> rather strange (and undocumented) behavior you had.

> The reason I did it like that was this email from you:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-01/msg01186.php

Yeah, but that idea predated the addition of ALTER LANGUAGE OWNER to
the patch.  Given that, a superuser can give away the language to
someone else if he wants, and so there's no need for us to try to be
fancy about guessing what he wants (which was more or less what that
rule was).

            regards, tom lane