Re: [pgsql-patches] [HACKERS] less privileged pl install - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jeremy Drake
Subject Re: [pgsql-patches] [HACKERS] less privileged pl install
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> Jeremy Drake <pgsql@jdrake.com> writes:
> > This version of the patch includes documentation changes.  Please
> > review...
>
> Applied with minor revisions --- in particular, I thought the initial
> owner of a language should be its creator, full stop, rather than the
> rather strange (and undocumented) behavior you had.

The reason I did it like that was this email from you:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-01/msg01186.php

>  Also you missed updating pg_dump.

Indeed.

Now, all I need is the 'tsearch2 in core' patch to go in, and 8.3 will
solve almost all of my problems :)  Then I just need to nag my hosting
provider to upgrade once it is released.  I have been refraining from
nagging about them still running 8.1.3 in anticipation of this ;)

--
Five is a sufficiently close approximation to infinity.
        -- Robert Firth