Re: Will libpq 8 PQ*cancel functions work with 7.4 servers? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Volkan YAZICI
Subject Re: Will libpq 8 PQ*cancel functions work with 7.4 servers?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

On 6/13/05, Piotr Sulecki <Piotr.Sulecki@sybilla.traxelektronik.pl> wrote:
> My question is, will the new interface (PQgetCancel / PQcancel /
> PQfreeCancel) work with the version 7.4 server?

AFAIC, no.

> is there a list of libpq changes between 7.4 and 8.0 available anywhere?

{{{ [ From: http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c]
Revision 1.289: download - view: text, markup, annotated - select for diffs
Sat Oct 30 23:11:26 2004 UTC (7 months, 1 week ago) by tgl
Branches: MAIN
CVS tags: REL8_0_0BETA5
Diff to previous 1.288: preferred, colored
Changes since revision 1.288: +135 -50 lines

Invent a new, more thread-safe version of PQrequestCancel, called PQcancel.
Use this new function in psql.  Implement query cancellation in psql for
Windows.  Code by Magnus Hagander, documentation and minor editorialization
by Tom Lane.
}}}

Related (colored) diff:
http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c.diff?r1=1.288;r2=1.289;f=h