Re: Will libpq 8 PQ*cancel functions work with 7.4 servers? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Piotr Sulecki
Subject Re: Will libpq 8 PQ*cancel functions work with 7.4 servers?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Ave!

Volkan YAZICI napisał(a):
>>My question is, will the new interface (PQgetCancel / PQcancel /
>>PQfreeCancel) work with the version 7.4 server?
>
> AFAIC, no.

That would mean it was a protocol change as well as an API change. If
the protocol was unchanged, the new API would generate the same
link-level events, only in a different way. And I seem to recall reading
somewhere that version 8.0 uses the same link-level protocol for
client-to-backend communication as 7.4 did. What you say contradicts it.

Maybe I'm wrong. My memory is not as good as it used to be... :-)

Regards,

Piotr Sulecki.