Re: PQdeleteTuple function in libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Golub
Subject Re: PQdeleteTuple function in libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello, Andrew.

You wrote:

AC> On 6/1/2011 11:43 AM, Pavel Golub wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I'm some kind of PQdeleteTuple function will be very usefull in libpq.
>> Because right now after deleting some record I need refetch result
>> set, or mark tuple as deleted and this is headache for me.
>>

AC> IMHO, this should be handled by the application.  You could track tuples
AC> removed in an int[] or copy the result set into an application defined
AC> array of C structures.  I've always been under the impression that
AC> PGresult objects are immutable once delivered to the application.

Andrew, why we have PQmakeEmptyPGresult, PQcopyResult,
PQsetResultAttrs, PQsetvalue and PQresultAlloc in this case? Of course
there's no big deal with their absence but let's be consistent.

--
With best wishes,Pavel                          mailto:pavel@gf.microolap.com