Re: PQdeleteTuple function in libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Chernow
Subject Re: PQdeleteTuple function in libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 6/1/2011 11:43 AM, Pavel Golub wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm some kind of PQdeleteTuple function will be very usefull in libpq.
> Because right now after deleting some record I need refetch result
> set, or mark tuple as deleted and this is headache for me.

IMHO, this should be handled by the application.  You could track tuples
removed in an int[] or copy the result set into an application defined
array of C structures.  I've always been under the impression that
PGresult objects are immutable once delivered to the application.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC