Re: tls 1.3: sending multiple tickets - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: tls 1.3: sending multiple tickets
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 26 Jul 2024, at 20:29, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> One of my chronic complaints about comments is
> that they should say why we're doing things, not what we're doing.

Agreed.

> I feel like any
> place where we are doing X because of some property of a non-PG code
> base with which a particular reader might not be familiar, we should
> have a comment explaining why we're doing it. And especially if it's
> security-relevant.

I'm sure there are more interactions with OpenSSL, and TLS in general, which
warrants better comments but the attached takes a stab at the two examples in
question here to get started (to avoid perfect get in the way of progress).

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Attachment