Re: Practical usage of large objects. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Markus
Subject Re: Practical usage of large objects.
Date
List pgsql-general
Am 14.05.20 um 15:36 schrieb Laurenz Albe:
> Interesting; only recently I played with that a little and found that
> that is not necessarily true:
>
> https://www.cybertec-postgresql.com/en/binary-data-performance-in-postgresql/
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe
We used lo a lot in a project for large uploads (>4GB files). Really
useful in a cloud environment.

I was interested in speed camparison myself and made a similar test with
network connection and without pg specific code.
https://github.com/5UtJAjiRWj1q/psql-lob-performance

File access is really fast and lo access is much slower than bytea (as
expected). But content size limitation and memory consumption for bytea
is problematic.

regards
Thomas