Re: [DOCS] with - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Alexander Law
Subject Re: [DOCS] with
Date
List pgsql-docs
Hello Alvaro,

These duplicate entries caused by the zone attribute. If you'll remove it, you'll get only single entry (in secondary line).
It seems that the following DocBook bugfix introduced the bug you encountered:
https://github.com/docbook/xslt10-stylesheets/commit/f555842b

I see the following solutions for the issue:
1. To customize this xsl template (remove @zone check) for our docs.
2. To remove @zone specification from indexterm's.
Are there any reasons to specify it explicitly?
 <sect2 id="vacuum-for-statistics">
   <title>Updating Planner Statistics</title>

   <indexterm zone="vacuum-for-statistics">
    <primary>statistics</primary>
    <secondary>of the planner</secondary>
   </indexterm>
(DocBook documentation says:
Zone holds the IDs of the elements to which it applies.
So here "zone" specifies a single point. But to mark a single point we don't need to specify a zone.
A single point is marked with an IndexTerm placed in the text at the point of reference.)
(We have about 800 "zone" specifications, but as the issue arises only with <secondary>, it decreases to about 160 entries.)
3. To report an issue to docbook and get some feedback (but I'm afraid it can take months).

Best regards,
Alexander