Re: BUG #18181: KB5031455 Update crashes PostgreSQL Server for Turkish language - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: BUG #18181: KB5031455 Update crashes PostgreSQL Server for Turkish language
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, 2023-11-03 at 09:13 +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> I just got a new computer, installed clean Windows 11 and all updates.
> Before installing the KB5031455 update, I installed PostgreSQL v16. During
> the installation, I selected "Turkish, Turkey" as the language and it was
> successful, the service started working. However, after installing the
> KB5031455 Update, I could not start the PostgreSQL server service. There was
> the following error in Event Viewer:
>
> "FATAL: configuration file "C:/Program
> Files/PostgreSQL/16/data/postgresql.conf" contains errors"

This is not a bug.  You added something illegal to "postgresql.conf",
and the server refuses to start without a valid configuration.
Edit the file and fix the problem.
The error message should give you details about what was wrong.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe