Re: tweak to a few index tests to hits ambuildempty() routine. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From a.kozhemyakin@postgrespro.ru
Subject Re: tweak to a few index tests to hits ambuildempty() routine.
Date
Re: tweak to a few index tests to hits ambuildempty() routine.
List pgsql-hackers
After analyzing this, I found out why we don't reach that Assert but we
have coverage shown - firstly, it reached via another test, vacuum;
secondly, it depends on the gcc optimization flag. We reach that Assert
only when using -O0.
If we build with -O2 or -Og that function is not reached (due to
different results of the heap_prune_satisfies_vacuum() check inside
heap_page_prune()).
But as  the make checks mostly (including the buildfarm testing)
performed  with -O2/-Og, it looks like that after 4fb5c794e5 we have
lost the coverage provided by the 4c51a2d1e4.