Re: SQL/JSON revisited - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: SQL/JSON revisited
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 2023-03-15 We 08:49, Amit Langote wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 10:08 PM Peter Eisentraut
On 08.03.23 22:40, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
These both seem like things not worth holding up progress for, and I
think it would be good to get these patches committed as soon as
possible. My intention is to commit them (after some grammar
adjustments) plus their documentation in the next few days.
If possible, the documentation for each incremental part should be part
of that patch, not a separate all-in-one patch.
Here's a version that includes documentation of the individual bits in
their own commits.  I've also merged the patch to add the PLAN clause
to JSON_TABLE into the patch that adds JSON_TABLE itself.

Hi, I have taken these and done some surgery to reduce the explosion on grammar symbols. The attached set is just Amit's patches with some of this surgery done - nothing other than gram.y has been touched. Patches 2 and 5 in the series could be sanely squashed onto patches 1 and 4 respectively. I haven't done anything significant yet with the JSONTABLE patch, there is probably some more low hanging fruit there, and possibly some still in the earlier patches.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan