Re: pgsql: Blindly try to fix test script's tar invocation for MSYS. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pgsql: Blindly try to fix test script's tar invocation for MSYS.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 3/18/21 10:43 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Blindly try to fix test script's tar invocation for MSYS.
>
> Buildfarm member fairywren doesn't like the test case I added
> in commit 081876d75.  I'm guessing the reason is that I shouldn't
> be using a perl2host-ified path in the tar command line.

No, you shouldn't. The rule is that you need to use perl2host when
passing a path to a non-msys-aware program. This will typically be one
of our own artefacts, or the comand processor (via system(), qx() etc.).
But msys-aware programs such as utility programs like tar should get the
path just as the perl script sees it.

Maybe I need to add to the comments on it in TestLib.pm.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan