Re: insert performance for win32 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: insert performance for win32
Date
List pgsql-performance
> This makes me wonder if we are looking in the wrong place.  Maybe the
> problem is coming from psql?  More results to follow.

problem is not coming from psql.

One thing I did notice that in a 250k insert transaction the insert time
grows with #recs inserted.  Time to insert first 50k recs is about 27
sec and last 50 k recs is 77 sec.  I also confimed that size of table is
not playing a role here.

Marc, can you do select timeofday() every 50k recs from linux?  Also a
gprof trace from linux would be helpful.

Merlin