Re: Poor performance of delete by primary key - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mark Lewis
Subject Re: Poor performance of delete by primary key
Date
List pgsql-performance
I had a similar problem, so I downloaded 8.1 from CVS, ran it on a
relatively gnarly dev workstation, imported a dump of my 8.0 database,
and ran my troublesome queries with the new EXPLAIN ANALYZE.

This process took about an hour and worked great, provided that you've
actually named your foreign key constraints.  Otherwise, you'll find out
that there's a trigger for a constraint called $3 that's taking up all
of your time, but you won't know what table that constraint is on.

-- Mark