Re: Ready for RC3? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Ready for RC3?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> There is the issue with shared mem on Win2003 that came up the other
> day. I don't think it's a general error, but rather something
> environment specific. (I've had several reports of ppl with fairly
large
> databases in production on win2003 that don't have this problem). But
> it'd be good to have confirmation on that. If we could give that one a
> couple of days, it would be good, but it's not a showstopper.

I just confirmed this an a dual Opteron box running *win2k* on a
realease candidate built less than a week ago.  :-(.  I was trying to
upgrade a production server to retest the statistics collector...I'm
going to try a fresh compile but may have to revert back to beta5.

FATAL:  could not attach to proper memory at fixed address:
shmget(key=5432001, addr=00BB0000) failed: Invalid argument