the other open source database. - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Merlin Moncure
Subject the other open source database.
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Here is a recent (short) article comparing pgsql and mysql.

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=2390234
6&tid=5979

Overall, not a bad article, although the claim of missing row locking is
a familiar irritant.  It would be nice to get some fair treatment on
this point once in a while.

I've mentioned before that the MVCC treatment in the manual is light and
doesn't bridge the gap between academic principles and user
understanding (any by extension, the technical press).  I think it's
time to do something about it, perhaps with a patch to docs, etc.  Does
anybody else think this is worthwhile?  I'll have a go at it but I'm not
really sure I have the chutzpah to pull it off.

Merlin