Re: CREATE TABLE AS inside of a function - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Kevin Nikiforuk
Subject Re: CREATE TABLE AS inside of a function
Date
List pgsql-sql
So, I've changed my code as Erik suggested:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION rgio() RETURNS INTEGER as $$
DECLARE       lv RECORD;

BEGIN       FOR lv IN SELECT DISTINCT rg               FROM ldevrg               LOOP               EXECUTE 'CREATE
TABLErgio_' || $lv || ' AS                       SELECT ldev                       FROM ldevrg
WHERErg=' || quote_literal($lv) || ';'       END LOOP;
RETURN 1;
END;
$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

And I get:
psql:rgio.sql:32: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "$" at character 33
QUERY:  SELECT  'CREATE TABLE rgio_' || $ $1  || ' AS                       SELECT ldev                       FROM
ldevrg                      WHERE rg=' || quote_literal($ $2 ) || ';' END LOOP
CONTEXT:  SQL statement in PL/PgSQL function "rgio" near line 23
psql:rgio.sql:32: LINE 1: SELECT  'CREATE TABLE rgio_' || $ $1  || ' AS
psql:rgio.sql:32:                                                                ^