dblink build problem…must be a lesson here... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jerry Levan
Subject dblink build problem…must be a lesson here...
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I compiled pg 9.1.1 on my Mac OX 10.7.2 this afternoon and when I attempted
to build dblink I got:

eagle:dblink postgres$ export CC="gcc -arch i386"
eagle:dblink postgres$ make
gcc -arch i386 -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels
-Wformat-security-fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv  -I../../src/interfaces/libpq -I. -I. -I../../src/include   -c -o
dblink.odblink.c
In file included from ../../src/include/postgres.h:48,
                 from dblink.c:33:
../../src/include/utils/elog.h:69:28: error: utils/errcodes.h: No such file or directory
dblink.c:62:28: error: utils/fmgroids.h: No such file or directory

The files errcodes.h and fmgrouds.h appear to be links to nowhere…

I scratched my head for a while. I finally recalled that after
I ran config and built postgresql I moved the source folder to a different
location.

This evidently screws up some of the links…not good. When I moved the
folder back to its original location dblink.so built with no problems.

Be careful out there :)

It has been a long time since I have messed with installing dblink.

Do I need to install the sql again? If so where and how do I reinstall
the sql interfaces…

T'aint clear to me when dblink needs to be reinstalled.

Jerry