Re: weird pg_statistic problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: weird pg_statistic problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Enrico Sirola <enrico.sirola@gmail.com> writes:
> this morning I experienced a weird problem with our pgsql database (9.0.3):
> while performing a simple query, I receive the following error:
> Nov 11 10:24:09 <host> postgres[23395]: [7-1] ERROR:  missing chunk number 0 for toast value 550556127 in
pg_toast_2619

Was this a transient error, or repeatable?

If it was transient, it's probably a recently-fixed issue:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-10/msg01366.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2011-11/msg00014.php

> ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "pg_statistic_relid_att_inh_index"
> DETAIL:  Key (starelid, staattnum, stainherit)=(531526103, 7, f) already exists.

This seems unrelated.  Can you repeat this one?  If so, try REINDEX'ing
that index and see if the problem goes away.

It'd be worth your while to update to 9.0.5 --- we fixed a fair number
of potential data-corruption issues since January.

            regards, tom lane