Re: patch: Add columns via CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas OSB sIT
Subject Re: patch: Add columns via CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> If you accept the idea that column identity should be based on column
> name, then the only two operations that are really necessary are
> "CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW" and "ALTER VIEW RENAME COLUMN", and it is
> 100% clear what the semantics of those operations should be.

+1

I think this would be an easily useable and understandable concept.
I also fully support Robert's reasoning in his next reply to Tom,
detailing why his patch's provided functionality is acceptable.

Andreas

PS: "alter view" in O does not change the base definition,
it only allows modifying view constraints.