Re: Do we really want to migrate plproxy and citext into PG core distribution? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: Do we really want to migrate plproxy and citext into PG core distribution?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Jul 21, 2008, at 13:28, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> Maybe that's the problem that really needs solving?
>
> One of the big Postgres features is its extensibility.  I agree that
> the extensions can sometimes be hard to find, but surely the answer to
> that is not an infinitely large source tarball?

Oh, of course. But one thing at a time. I'm in complete agreement that
what goes into core should be pretty conservative, and that the module
problem should be addressed. But even given that, I think that there
is a strong case to be made that citext should be in contrib.

Best,

David