Re: Minor inheritance/check bug: Inconsistent behavior - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit kapila
Subject Re: Minor inheritance/check bug: Inconsistent behavior
Date
Re: Minor inheritance/check bug: Inconsistent behavior  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 14:50:05 -0400 Robert Hass wrote:

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com> wrote:
>>   AFAICT during Update also, it doesn't contain useful. The only chance it
>> would have contain something useful is when it goes for EvalPlanQual and
>> then again comes to check for constraints. However these attributes get
>> filled in heap_update much later.
>
>> So now should the fix be that it returns an error for system column
>> reference except for OID case?

> +1.

1. I think in this scenario the error for system column except for tableOID should be thrown at Create/Alter time.

2. After setting OID in ExecInsert/ExecUpdate may be setting of same inside heap functions can be removed.

   But for now I have kept them as it is.

Please find the Patch for bug-fix.

If this is okay, I shall send you the test cases for same.

With Regards,

Amit Kapila.

Attachment