Re: Meeting at the conference - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Meeting at the conference
Date
Re: Meeting at the conference  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
List pgsql-www
> > - I'd like to have a *written* policy about the news and
> event items.
> > When someone wants to step up the plate with us, we should
> be able to
> > point that guy about our policies.
>
> Yup

Per IM discussion, this of course means that Devrim just volounteered to
write a proposal ;-)

> > - I'd like to drink beer after the meeting.
>
> Definitely.

Ok. That decides it, now I'm definitly coming to this talk.

> > - I'd like to see the captcha for the comment (and possibly
> also for
> > news and event) submissions
>
> Well, that was implemented and demonstrated very recently by
> Travis, based on Geviks work. There were accessibilty
> problems which were discussed and iirc, it seems like more
> hassle to implement an accessible captcha system than to just
> delete the few spam comments we get each day.

Might want to talk about what we can do about the spam submissions in
general, perhaps, rather than focusing on just that.

> > That's what I have in my mind now.
>
> Thanks - I'll compile an agenda based on this and any other
> comments we get.

Where did the bugtracker discussion go?! ;-)

Do we want this to be specificallyi website, or "server systems in
general". If it's servers in general, I propose adding something about
settnig up a more common structure of how to maintain the machines -
different machines are handled in different ways now in too many ways,
imho.

If just web, well. Perhaps something about enhancing the download
system, and the future of the bittorrent stuff.

//Magnus