Re: Adminpack build fix - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Adminpack build fix
Date
List pgsql-patches
> > Attached patch removes a couple of extern definitions from
> adminpack,
> > replacing some of them with a #include. (Cam eup with this
> because we
> > got a duplicate definition of DataDir when building with
> Visual C++).
>
> That isn't going to work unless we put DLLIMPORT into the
> main headers.
> The reason for redeclaring these in the contrib files is to
> get DLLIMPORT onto them...

Interedting - it builds on MSVC without it :-O

Anyway. That certainly explains why MSVC is complaining - it's getting
completely different definitions of these variables from the header and
from the actual file.

What do you think about simply adding DLLIMPORT to the variables in the
main header?

//Magnus