Re: Permissions required for service user account _after_ installation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Permissions required for service user account _after_ installation
Date
List pgsql-general
> The "Silent install of PostgreSQL on Windows" document states
> that "The service user needs Log on as a service, Log on
> locally and Access this computer from the network."  If the
> PostgreSQL database will only be accessed via localhost, are
> these permissions still required after the installation has
> finished (ie: are they required to simply run the database).
> I hadn't seen this document until today and during my
> installation script I take away the "log on locally" and
> "access this computer from the network" rights after the
> installation has finished, and so far everything seems to be
> working properly.  Or is just a matter of my not having
> bumped into a problem yet?

For "log on locally", you are safe to remove it after the install. It'
sonly required for initdb.

I'm not 100% sure on the "access from the network". I seem to recall
there was a situation when it was needed by the general server, but I
can't remember what it was:-) And I'm not sure it was there.

//Magnus