Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 lost signals open item - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 lost signals open item
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>> Huh?  Why?
>
>> Because we need to write the duplicated socket
>structure/pipe handle to
>> the parameter file. I guess we could create a separate parameter file
>> just for these things, but that seemed a bit unnecessary.
>
>Do we actually need to pass the handle, or could the subprocess reopen
>the pipe for itself?

Nope, we need to pass the handle. Only one process can be the
server-side of the pipe, and once the postmaster has opened it, the
child process can't do it - the only way to get it is through
inheritance.

//Magnus