Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on w - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on w
Date
Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on w
List pgsql-hackers-win32
>> I ran into this same problem with doing the installer - it
>needs to call
>> initdb, and the installer runs as high-priv account... Haven't quite
>> figured out how to handle that now - the snapshot I'm working off at
>> home only does initdb on 2000/XP/2003 for the moment. If
>someone has any
>> good ideas on this, please let me know.
>>
>> //Magnus
>
>Sounds like you need
>
>LogonUser
>ImpersonateLoggedonUser
>CreateProcessAsUser
>
>function calls to behave as a low priv user or launch a
>program as a low priv user.
>
>I have never used these myself, but a quick scan through MSDN
>suggests they may be
>what you need.
>
>You may have already tried these of course!

The priv causing the problem is ReplaceProcessLevelToken. And the
problem is not activagting it, the problem is that it's not granted at
all by defualt.
IIRC CreateProcessAsUser is the one being used by 2k/XP with the
CreateProcessAndLogin() API (I may have misspelled that one, but it's
something like that)

//Magnus