Re: 7.4 for Windows? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: 7.4 for Windows?
Date
List pgsql-general
> We're developing a software product for distribution to
> Windows clients.
> The product will have a database component, and I'd hoped to
> use Postgresql for this.
>
> However, out of the potential client base, NONE run Linux or
> any other unix...all windows servers.
>
> I noticed in the doc -
> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/Windows - that a
> Windows version of Postgresql was due in 7.4, but I don't see
> any mention of this in the downloads area.
>
> Is this still a possibility soon, or has it been abandoned?

It is currently planned for version 7.5 (and most sign points to it
getting there), due to enter beta fairly soon, but some way to go until
a release.

Until then, you can use the 7.4 Cygwin version on a win32 platform, if
you're in a hurry.

//Magnus